In order to apply for the Direct Trade membership, you need to accomplish the following:
- Need to be a manufacturing company without any pending liabilities related to Governmental Regulating Institutions (taxes, employee benefits, among others).
- Have at least 25% of small farmers as their suppliers from which at least 40% must be women.
- Show evidence that all the employees are working under the current Labor Law.
- Buy directly from small farmers at set prices.
- Show evidence of working together with an external party, such as an international development organization, on a program that increases small farmer´s income and/or productivity.
- Show evidence that the company provides preferential payment terms to small farmers.
- Have an Inclusive Supplier Program where the farmers interact with the manufacturing company (showing evidence on visits to the plant and events)
- Develop direct relationship with the farmers with at least one visit per year to develop trust and goodwill.
- Set a minimum price that should cover the cost of producing the products of small farmers.
- Publish an annual transparency report that shares detailed information about the relationship with each of the farmers.
Did you Meet the Requirements?
Congratulations! You are in great shape to be a member of our social responsible community. Take the next step and contact us!